Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Of Stories and Lowe's

datatroll gave a delightful list of what JT should have for his fort. My favorite is the drive-through McDonalds in case he gets hungry driving around in his tank. JT, on the other hand, can't understand why he can't have a tunnel from his room to the fort. Or, for that matter, electricity to power his own kitchen.

After my post yesterday, he did indeed write down his list. Here it is:
1. A carpet.
2. A TV with an X-box. (Yes, troll, great minds think alike.)
3. Game Bords and Puzzles.
4. Desk.
5. sleeping bags.
6. kitchin for small and big kids.
7. A slide that can go under the for [sic] an emergency excit for: er!er!er!er!...[That's the sound of an alarm.]
8. Stairs for an Entrance.
9. some chairs.
10. A coat-hanger.
11. Pictures of me and other pictures.
12. Balls and bats for hiting outside.
13. auto planes and cars.
14. 2 windows.
15. A Door. [That's my boy! The practical one!]
16. Blinds.
17. clock.
18. Plant.
19. computer.
20. Books.
21. Tissus.
22. End of List!

Although, then he added a trascan [sic] and movies.

Today he drew a picture of the inside of the fort. Then I had him write a story about what he would do in the fort. He hates writing stories. Usually he'll just copy the plot of a Clone Wars episode. This story was priceless, though.

One day a kid named JT had a friend that day and the friends name was Jordan. That day he helped with my fort and when the fort was done I took a tour by my self and then Jordan paid me one dollar to have a tour also. The rest of the day we played for fourteen ours [hours] intill Jordan had to go. So when Jordan had to go we both cleaned up properly and cleaned up everything except for the X-box 360. That was one of my exciting, fun, extraordinary, exsplosive day of my life with Jordan. (Some other days I may play with other friend in my fort: on Sundays for Bible studys or sleepovers or playdates or for some pets like: fish, frogs, little dogs, small birds like that. Or it can be for some projects for school witch if you ask me it is probably the best place to be on a school day or two.)

I'm indecisive on whether I'll help him correct his spelling. He gets very angry when he has to erase and rewrite something. Then I over-react, he gets sent to his room, and I retreat to the bath.

Later today, we went to B&N to look through some books written by people who actually know how to build forts. One book had four different plans: a pirate ship, a cottage with a porch, a hobbit house, and a fort that sat on top of a storage shed (I so want that one!). Obviously, these people are crazy and have far too much time on their hands.

We did find some good information as to spans for floorboards and floor joists. Looks like we can use 2x4s for the joists, easily.

After sitting at The Green Two-Tailed Mermaid and working out some design options (he liked the idea of benches that can fold up to the wall, but he also wants a hole in the center of the table right over a hole in the floor so he can just scoop the crumbs to the ground) we went to Lowe's and priced out some of the lumber. He also picked out colors for his flames and said he wanted the interior support beams painted in his favorite colors--red and blacked striped. Ugh! I wish his Godmother was here. She could make that look pretty!



Flames? Seriously?



The floorplan of the interior. We actually found a rug similar to his design at Lowe's.

3 comments:

  1. Why can't he have a tunnel from his room to the fort? Makes perfect sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because his bedroom is over the garage. He also wants a zip-line and a slide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, well.

    I aim to please.

    ReplyDelete